Tuesday, August 22, 2006

How to mount a flash drive manually

Today my Ubuntu 6.06's X Windows is broken, I ask my problem on VnOSS.org and a member ask me to post xorg.conf to forum to help him see what happens with my Ubuntu.

With my very little experience, I don't know how to get the content of xorg.conf. Suddenly, I remember my flash drive. EUREKA!!!

I tried to find a solution to mount my flash drive and found here and here. The first post is very good one but when I try

sudo mount -t vfat -o uid=t800t8,gid=users /dev/sda /media/flash

it doesn't work.

OK, try with

sudo mount -t vfat -o uid=t800t8,gid=users /dev/sda1 /media/flash

Now everything is fine. I can copy xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log to my flash drive.

With the second post, I know how to unmount a device.

sudo umount /media/flash

No comments: