Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Introduce about yourself - The first big step in an interview

When I do an interview, I usually ask the candidates to introduce about themself. Maybe you feel strange, and tell me "Hey, you've got their resumes, just read them". But I don't think it's a good way to know about the candidates. Actually, when I ask them to introduce about themself, I give them an opportunity to expose themself. If they can do it fluently, it means they have enough self-confidence to expose their ideas and opinions, the first step to get the job done.

And what will you need to do to introduce about yourself? IMO, you need to introduce:

+ A little about your information (name, which major and university you graduated,...)
+ A little about your position and your responsibility in the current company
+ And, again, a little about your current project (if you don't need to keep it in secret)

No comments: