- Open registry editor (type 'regedit' at Run command, clicks OK button, and select 'Yes' if you have UAC confirmation).
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion (or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Note\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion on Widows x64).
- Change 2 string values RegisteredOwner and RegisteredOrganization as you expected (create them if they don't exist).
- Restart Windows and open Visual Studio, you will see new registration info.
After doing above steps, if you still see old registration info, please add these steps:
For Visual Studio 2010:
- Delete vs000223.dat from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\. It's splash screen for Visual Studio 2010.
- Run Visual Studio 2010, now you should see a blank splash, there is no registration info, don't be worry.
- Close Visual Studio 2010, then open it again. Now you should see new registration info.
For Visual Studio 2008:
- Delete vs000223.dat from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0. It's splash image for Visual Studio 2008. Now if you run Visual Studio 2008, you will see a strange splash 'Visual Studio code name 'Orcas'.
- Run 'devenv /setup' from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ on Windows x64).
- Open Visual Studio 2008, now you should see new registration info.
Enjoy your Visual Studio with your own registration info.
Note: The directory paths here are on Windows 7, so if you use XP or Vista, they're maybe different.