Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Partial review of Pro ASP.NET MVC Framework

I've just finished the last chapter of part 1 of Pro ASP.NET MVC Framework. In this part, the author teaches me how to write a small online store where users can browse all products, filters the products by category, add products to cart, remove them from cart, and do check out. The store also has a basic administration area where the administrator can add/update/remove products (with theirs pictures).

What I learn from this part are

  • Understand the steps to create a real ASP.NET MVC application
  • How to write unit tests for routing/controllers with NUnit and Moq
  • There is a surprise that the author used Castle Windsor as IOC container for this application which I want to know the basic

I will continue with part 2, and for sure, I will come back with the review of part 2.

BTW, if you want to learn ASP.NET MVC in practical, you must read this book.

No comments: