Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Which Java web framework you should learn next?

As in my previous post, I showed you an estimation for several Java web frameworks from Matt Raible. Did you take free time to examine it? OK, in despite of you did it or not, let's take a look at my choice.

For me, the choice is Struts. Struts, again Struts, a Gorilla of MVC web framework. But, not Struts, more exactly, it's Struts2 (former name is WebWork)

Why? Just see the new features of Struts2 2.0.2. You can see: code behind, zero configuration, and many more... All of them (new features in Struts2 2.0.x) are really brilliant.

In the past, WebWork is a good framework but IMO it has the lack of documentation (and also marketing). But now it became under the umbrella of ASF, I bet that it will have the success as its ancestor, Struts.

At this time, I'm working with v2.0.1 beta and I will upgrade to v2.0.2 immediately when it comes out.

No comments: